Monday, September 9, 2013
I have numbered these in the hope of eliciting a few quick comments; for example, "I like 1 & 2, hate 3."
1. "While I don't wish to idle away my life, I do wish to idle away the portion of it intended for that purpose."
2. "It's a funny thing about painting. You don't know if you have only scratched the surface of your talent, or if scratching a surface is all the talent you have."
3. "Somewhere in the ruins of every wasted life lies a small talent."
4. "I see in myself a little bit of Saint Francis, assuming I were to give up my worldly possessions and start helping the poor."
5. "If, like me, you snore on your back, you probably bear jab marks from someone who mistakenly thought you wouldn't snore on your side."
6. "All that's needed to sustain love is a stash of whole cloth and thin air."
7. "There is no power the middle class will not cede to those who would enslave it in order to protect itself from those who would join it."
8. "You tell something to your dog, who tells another dog, who tells another, and it can be hilarious the way it comes out."
9. "The best sign that you are over-appreciated is that you are not embarrassed by it."
10. "It is just crazy not to believe in the miracles you sit around waiting to happen."
11. "To some it may seem an aimless life -- one's reluctance to take aim at anyone."
12. "I don't judge people by the rings they dangle from their facial parts; I mean, when there's anything else to go on."
13. "I'm not ready for the scrap heap. The recycle bin? Maybe."
14. "You don't suddenly stop hating yourself. You find a relationship that makes you start liking the person at your end of it."
15, "To describe heaven as anything but a reunion with those we love is to defy everything we know of happiness. What a lonely thing is the notion of personal salvation."
~~ Robert Brault
Posted by Robert Brault at 1:08 PM